|There will be an enhanced police presence across South Yorkshire this weekend as pubs, bars and restaurants start to reopen. Our officers are preparing for a busy weekend, and we are expecting demand on our 999 and 101 lines to be high.
Covid-19 is still very much in circulation and everyone needs to play their part in preventing the spread of the virus to ultimately save lives. We ask that people remain vigilant, behave responsibly and take precautions.
Our priority is to keep you safe, but we need your help:
– Remember to observe social distancing guidelines. You should stay at least one metre apart from others, and two metres where possible.
– Follow the new measures put in place in bars, pubs and restaurants – they are there to keep you safe.
– Take a face covering out with you for use in taxis and on public transport. Face coverings (for those who aren’t exempt) are mandatory on public transport.
– Plan your day. Many businesses will operate a booking system so it’s important to do your research and think ahead.
– Be respectful towards hospitality and security staff. For many, tomorrow (Saturday 4 July) will be their first day back at work. This is all new to them too so please be patient.
– Think about how you’re getting home. Public transport will operate at reduced capacity and taxis are likely to be busier than normal. Our roads policing officers will be stepping up patrols to catch anyone driving over the limit. It’s not worth it.
– More tips on getting home safely can be found on the Safer Roads Partnership website.
– You can find useful information on local authority and transport websites. Keep checking their social media pages for regular updates.
We want everyone to have an enjoyable weekend, and abusive and violent behaviour will not be tolerated.
If you do need us, we are there for you:
– Always call 999 in an emergency.
– Call 101 if you need a police response.
– If you are a victim of domestic abuse, and you need us immediately but you can’t speak, call 999 and press ‘55’ when prompted. You can also make reports through our website.
|Message Sent By
Corporate Communications12 (Police, Corporate Communications, Sou)
|To reply or forward this email please use the buttons below or these links: Reply, Rate, Forward / Share.
|To login to your account, click here, To report a fault, click here