For your information and consideration.
British Military Buddies | Public profile »
Yorkshire and the Humber
Charity & Volunteering
British Military Buddies is a new charity, very much in its infancy and its future is dependent on finding the right staff who can make the difference. The role of Recruitment Officer is necessary to establish the initial links with schools and veterans. You will meet stakeholders to discuss possibilities to establish a pool of volunteer veterans and a healthy interest from young people and their carers, parents or guardians.
Our aim is to match all young people who are without a positive, reliable role model with a veteran who will volunteer 4 hours per week to mentor and assist them outside of school.
You will work from an office in or around Sheffield (location TBC) and will be expected to travel to meet representatives from schools and those supporting veterans.
You will need to be outgoing and quick to establish a rapport. You must have a ‘can-do’ attitude as well as an affinity to helping young people A good working knowledge of social media would be advantageous including Twitter, SnapChat , WhatsApp, Facebook and forums/blogs.
Not essential but would be useful if you have an understanding of military ethos.
Hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Some weekend work may be necessary as well as some nights away. Annual leave of 20 days plus statuary days. Flexible hours may be considered.
Some office duties will also be required such as manning the phone and taking messages.
Remuneration: £18,000 per annum.
Internships can be a great way to develop and gain work experience within the charity sector or to develop transferable skills in a specific field you are interested in.
For more information regarding this role please message us or see our website www.britishmilitarybuddies.com
You should be a university graduate with a relevant degree such as Social Sciences, Education or Child Care. Other appropriate qualifications and experience will be considered.
You must be able to demonstrate:
– relevant work experience, paid or voluntary, ideally in a charity environment that shows commitment to developing a career in this field
– first-rate written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to write accurate, concise, powerful copy under time pressure, and a highly professional phone manner
– a good awareness of, and interest in, the media, campaigning and politics
– an ability to thrive under pressure and work in an efficient and organised way, planning your workload, meeting deadlines, and showing initiative
– an ability to engage with and interpret statistical information and research
– proficiency with basic office software
– passion, professionalism and a determined and hard-working approach.
– Adventurous Activity qualification(s) would be useful but not essential for this role.
Possibly for discussion at the next Exec Meeting