I have just been made aware of the following role in Sheffield.
Position: Gatehouse Receipt and Dispatch Clerk
Core Days: 4 on 4 off rotating days/nights
Core Hours: 12 hour shifts
Salary: 21K pa
Reporting to the Shift Managers you will be responsible for effectively and accurately managing vehicles from receipt through to dispatch. The primary purpose of this role is to in-gate and out-gate vehicles on site in a timely and secure manner.
This role is critical within the business and needs someone who is accurate and precise in the way in which they work.
• Responsible for receipting and dispatching of loads in a timely and secure manner to assist in shift efficiency whilst using correct operational processes and procedures.
• Dealing with drivers on both inbound and outbound gates.
• Liaise with the Operations Controllers in order for the warehouse to be prepared accordingly and allocate bays for the vehicle.
• Checking and sealing of vehicles on exiting the site ensuring paperwork correct for the load.
• Completion of inbound and outbound paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Using the inbound schedule to book in deliveries to allocated slots.
• Using the CCTV to ensure site is secure
• Assist in any security checks /searches on site.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
• Able to organise & prioritise their workload.
• Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
• Good PC skills and Knowledge of MS packages is essential.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving skills and tenacity.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns. Weekend work will be required and at times, extra cover for seasonal volumes and holiday / absence.
Are you interested and available for immediate interview?
If yes please contact Reg Hastings on 07426 163228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are ex forces.
Please note that you do not need to hold an SIA Licence for this role as the successful candidate will be working direct for the Company, although references will be sought.