Skip to main content
On Friday 20 July the Duke of York Community Award assessors will be visiting the MCVC Drop in. After a formal welcome they will receive a short briefing followed by a look at the outran facilities, including the proposals for a new vehicle for the expanding outreach service. They will be examining the MCVC policies and procedures and looking at the manner in which we are structured and run. After that they will be joining the veterans at the weekly drop in.
Please come along and contribute to this important event in the development of the MCVC. Some details of the award are below for your interest, more detail is available on the website –
- The Duke of York’s Community Initiative is a Royal Award presented to community projects based in Yorkshire.
- The schemes need to be owned, developed and led by the people they serve.
- The schemes should be of real value to the community, well run and an inspiration to others.
- The Award lasts for five years, after which you can reapply.
- Individual awards are also given in recognition of exceptional leadership skills.
The benefits include:
- Royal recognition of excellence
- The use of the royal logo which enhances fund raising credibility
- The promotion of organisational pride
- Business management support through workshops, mentoring and networking
- Access to an in-house funding streamCommunity