Sheffield Botanical Gardens, 5 – 6 September 2020
2 sessions per day, 10:30am – 14:00pm and 14:00pm – 17:30pm
Paintings, sculptures, crafts, demonstrations and entertainment are set to fill the Botanical Gardens when the biggest outdoor art and crafts market in the North returns to Sheffield in less than three weeks’ time.
From premier artists in the pavilions and marquees, sculpture on the lawns, the Open Art Exhibition, ‘Home and Gardens’ area and a host of professional artists and craft makers. Soak up the atmosphere in the beautiful landscaped gardens, meet the artists, enjoy some locally sourced food and drink and see some beautiful artwork.
Art in the Gardens organisers are taking measures to ensure the event is Covid-safe for visitors, following Government guidance to ensure all the requirements are met.
The event will take place over two timed sessions per day and tickets must be booked in advance. There will be a slightly reduced number of exhibitors due to spacing in some of the large marquees.
Councillor Mary Lea, Cabinet Member for Culture, Sport and Leisure at Sheffield City Council said: “It’s great that this event can go ahead, celebrating a wealth of artistic talent. Relevant measures are in place so that people can come and enjoy this popular cultural experience, which is one of the largest outdoor art shows in the north. Art in the Gardens is a key event in the cultural calendar in Yorkshire, and it is testament to Sheffield’s reputation that it attracts such talented and creative artists to the city.
“The Botanical Gardens is a beautiful setting and with stalls, demonstrations and of course a huge range of art of all kinds, Art in the Gardens offers a great day out for the whole family, so please come along and enjoy the day safely.”
The following guidelines will be in place during the event
- Please wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
- Maintain your distance from others (minimum 2m).
- Face covering must be used when entering marquees, pavilions or engaging with any of the exhibitors.
- Please use the one-way system in place.
- Use available hand sanitizer before touching anything, especially artwork, sculpture, cellophane wrapped prints, cards etc.
- Please do not visit Art in the gardens if you or your family group have any symptoms associated with COVID-19. If you have a recent onset of a new continuous cough or a high temperature (over 37.9°C) or any other associated symptoms, then please stay home and arrange to be tested. If you require a refund this can be arranged.
- We will be supporting the UK Government Track and Trace initiative by collecting contact details of attendees at the event when you book tickets.
- Please be aware that if you arrive outside of your session you may not get access to the event if it is full to the Covid-Safe Capacity, so we advise that you please try and arrive well within your booked session.
- Please turn up with your tickets ready to be scanned upon entry.
- Two customers or one family bubble at a stall at any one time
Tickets are priced at £5 for over 16s and free to under 16s though they must provide a ticket. All tickets – including free child tickets must be booked in advance and are available from Eventbrite by clicking buy tickets online
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Click the share button above and then choose the social media or email icon at the top of the page to share this news.