Rotherham MCVC (Military Community Veteran Centre) was established in January 2012 following the signing of the Armed Forces Community Covenant by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council and 21 other organisations, the heart of which is to ensure that no person or members of their families are disadvantaged as a result of having served in HM Armed Forces.
The MCVC is a local charitable community group with a Mission Statement ‘To provide comradeship and a sign-posting service to expert support providers for ex-service personnel and their dependents within Rotherham’s Metropolitan Borough’, a mission statement that is delivered upon by a small number of dedicated volunteers from the military community (serving and ex service personnel), public services and the business community. We also provide guidance and support where required, regardless of the circumstances, or when an individual / dependent left the services, which in some cases has proved to be life changing for those in need.
Our volunteers and supporters are very much the reason behind our success, both current and for the future of the MCVC and as we continue to grow so is the need for us to seek the support of dedicated and likeminded individuals to help us with the ongoing delivery of our goals and objectives, individuals who are keen to help and are prepared to give up some of their time to help Rotherham’s growing military community.
Do you want to help and if so could you help in any of the following roles:
• Friday Drop Centre in Coordinator
• Outreach Trailer Servicing and Maintenance Coordinator
• Outreach Trailer / Gazebo Events Coordinator
• Outreach Support in the community Coordinator
• Outreach Support member (providing a friendly face for lonely ex service personnel)
• Press and Media Coordinator
• Social Networks Controller
• MCVC Visitor / Guest Coordinator
• Stores Controller
• Admin Support
• Education and Training Controller
• Manning the Rotherham Outreach Trailer / Gazebo at events and venues across the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham
Please note, you do not have to come from a military background to volunteer with the MCVC, but what we do ask is that you are passionate about wanting to make a difference and supporting a worthwhile cause.
If you would like more information on volunteering with Rotherham MCVC, be it generally or specifically, please let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07847 635279 / 07847 635283, we would love to hear from you!